Policies & Procedures
- Digital file names must be alpha-numeric only. Do not include any illegal characters including -[ ] / \ = + < > : ; “ , * | File names using these characters will incur a $1 file renaming charge and add additional time to your order.
- Use 8 bit SRGB color jpeg and non-layered TIFs only. No LZW compression should be used AND no extra
- channels, layers or layer masks should be in the file. Additional charges and time may be added to your order.
- All files when printed are cropped approximately 3%.
- All files should be cropped either within the ordering software of your choice or pre-cropped in an appropriate editing software such as PhotoShop.
- All pre-cropped files should be sized at 300PPI.
- Odd size prints should be placed on a canvas size for the next larger print size. For example, a 7.5×10 should be placed on a canvas that is 8×10. There is a $5.00 charge for odd sizes that have to be placed on a new canvas and this adds additional time to your order.
- Reformatting of files to remove layers, hidden channels or any other file setups outside of the guidelines will result in a $5.00 per image charge and add additional time to your order.
Steps to Calibrate for Studio Managed Color
- Calibrate your monitor. You must use a hardware/software combo. You must use a hardware/software combo. There are many on the market ranging from $99-$500. These packages consist of a hardware device (puck) and profiling software that you install on your computer. When prompted by the software, we recommend a TRC (gamma_ setting if 2.2 and a white point of D65 (6500 degrees). Before calibrating, be sure that your monitor has warmed up for 1 hour. Always calibrate with the ambient room light set as it would be when you are correcting images.
- Edit your color settings. All files are edited and submitted in SRGB color space. Choose edit/color settings (PC) or photoshop/color settings (Mac) to open the color setting dialog box. Change the RGB working space to “srgb IEC61966-2.1.” Then change the RGB color management policies to “convert to working rgb” Uncheck all of the “ask when” boxes, then click OK. If you are shooting RAW, you will also want to set your processing preferences color space to sRGB.
- In Lightroom choose edit/preferences/external editing and change color space to sRGB
- Verify that all files are submitted as 8 bit files.
- Submit test prints to the lab and visually verify them against your monitor in normal viewing conditions.
- If you are properly calibrated, your prints will actually look the same as your monitor. You must consider the light source under which you are viewing the actual prints. If you take a print and walk from room to room in your studio or home, you will see the print change colors under different light sources. Fluorescents will make them appear green, incandescent lights will make them appear yellow. Always check your final prints under either daylight or daylight corrected bulbs.
Shipping & Handling
• First Class Shipping is available for orders containing print sizes including 5×7, 5×5, 4×6, 4×5, 4×4 and/or 3.5×5 with a total number of 50 prints. You can also choose First Class Shipping with orders containg 15 or less 8×10, 5×7, 5×5, 4×6, 4×5, 4×4 and/or 3.5×5. If your order falls outside of these parameters you will automatically be upgraded to UPS Ground.
• Allow additional time for delivery during the holiday season.
• We cannot ship UPS to a PO Box.
|US Mail - First Class*||$3.99||5-10 business days|
|US Mail - Priority*||$7.99||2-5 business days|
|UPS Ground||$14.95||2-5 business days|
|Drop Ship UPS Ground||$18.95||2-5 business days|
|UPS Ground with signature||$16.95||2-5 business days|
|Drop Ship UPS with signature||$20.95||2-5 business days|
|Pick up at Forest Avenue||$1.00||-|
|Pick up at East Chase||$1.00||Add 1 business day|